FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Structure - Enthusiast's Corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> Public: Forum Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liz Cademy Pfeffer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Forum Structure - Enthusiast's Corner Reply with quote

Kathleen --

What's your opinion of adding a sub-section to the forum, probably under Sourcing, for us enthusiasts?

I just found out about a place to get quality interfacing, and it would be nice to have a forum section where we can find out other sources for pattern making and sewing materials and equipment that will:

- sell to retail customers
- sell in enthusiast - size quantities

I know you are the Grand Dictatress of this forum Kathleen, but I think this section would be helpful to quite a few of us.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my first impression is that if you're going to call me a dictator, that you have the courtesy to discuss it with me privately -but in this context, it amounts to preemptive shaming if I were to say no. You've always been a supportive member of our community so I can only assume this amounts to poor word choice. Not that I ever do that of course.

As it stands, there are very few suggestions (usually submitted privately) that I don't implement. In fact, I usually credit said individual in the opening post.

As a practical matter, I think this idea is a good one and I hope it will be fruitful for users. Consider it [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=50]done[/url].
Liz Cademy Pfeffer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: I'm sorry, Kathleen! Reply with quote

I was trying to be funny, nothing more. Obviously, it fell flat.

Add one more to the list of Liz' Aspie errors. I don't make many any more, but when I do ...
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz, truly, it's fine. I do it all the time.

-So did you figure out more or less you were spectrum-ish? We had talked about it awhile back.
Liz Cademy Pfeffer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely Aspie, as is my husband.

For an issue I won't go into, we needed to see a marriage counselor. Suspecting that spectrum issues may be affecting our marriage, I found a counselor through the local Asperger's Association. She confirmed what I knew (that I am Aspie) and what I suspected (that DH has AS).

I've done a lot of compensating over the years, and "pass" among most people, but underneath it all, I have Aspergers.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretending to be normal is such a emo-mental drain. I think a lot of the relief that people say they feel post Dx is really that release of tension, of not having to fake (poorly) the meeting of expectations.

Here's to hoping your load is lightened and I'm very sorry to hear your marriage is experiencing tensions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> Public: Forum Management All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: