FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another question regarding testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paige Kayner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Another question regarding testing Reply with quote

I'm really trying to understand what exactly a manufacturer needs to do here but I am still confused. If I produce 50 of one item, using the same fabric and the same thread, do I need to test all 50 of them individually or can I test one of those 50? I don't quite get the "batch" thing.
Alison Cummins
Official Archivist
Official Archivist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't test each of them individually, because testing an item destroys it.
Paige Kayner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Another question regarding testing Reply with quote

Ok right I forgot about that part. I'm trying to process a lot of information Smile So would testing one of the 50 not be considered a batch test?
Pamela

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XRF testing doesn't destroy the item. So at least until August you can use XRF testing but you would not have to test all 50 items. You can test one and call it a "reasonable testing" process.

Pam
Vesta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a batch. As long as all of the inputs are identical/from the same batch. So you'd need to track your lot numbers on the fabric, etc.
Paige Kayner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Another question regarding testing Reply with quote

Ok great. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: