FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else frustrated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: lead testing on diaper bags Reply with quote

thanks Kathleen. I'll check out the link. Meanwhile, I wish I knew about the XRF testing before!! I already sent a bag to the lab & have a bill of $840 for the testing! That's way more money than we can afford! This may be the start of our going out of business because I still have other bags to be tested - not to mention repeating the whole process again & again!
mk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Lead testing Reply with quote

Consumer Testing Labs in Bentonville AR, can do an XRF scan for $10 per item. But if the material requires wet chemistry, (i.e the scan reads over 100 ppm) then the cost jumps up to $50
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many many reports that EcoBaby.com is telling their buyers that they are not subject to the #CPSIA. Be wary. They're just begging to be sued imo.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I've spent ten years building a business dealing mostly with custom children's clothing so that when I have children of my own, I can stay home with them and still make money. I started this in my teens, when I was 17 and launched when I was 18. I've always used natural materials when at all possible and am always concerned about making sure nothing can come loose. A kid can't pull as hard as my husband, so if he can pull something off, and I have him check every garment, it's defective to me and will be remade until it passes my inspection. Now that we're finally trying to start a family, my business has to end because of the unreasonable demands of this stupid law, and starting our family is on hold until we know how much to expect the cost of baby things to go up. We might not be able to afford a family now, and I'll definitely have to find a regular job in an economy short on jobs to make up for the money that won't come in from my small business. Since I'll have to work a regular job now, if I can find one, we would also need the money for child care. This with increased costs of cribs and car seats and everything might make everything we worked for for nothing, and maybe no family for us ever. All our dreams are gone, and I've spent a lot of time crying and feeling so lost. Everything I've worked for for a decade is over. It was all for nothing. My American dream is gone because we're not rich enough to test every custom garment and my customers won't pay for the costs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: