FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> Public: Forum Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SarahM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Log In Reply with quote

Most of the time I have to log in 2x. I log in once and it doesn't take, then I log in again and it works. I thought it might be because hit Enter and not clicking on Log In button, but that's not it.

Anyone else have this issue?
Joni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have, for some time now...so I log in, and minimize on my screen so I can come back frequently and quickly during the day for a good read. Then when I'm done for the day I log out.
Melissa Huhn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Need to log-in twice! Reply with quote

I was just looking to see if anyone else had this problem -- I do too!

It also seems to mess up my "View posts since last visit" function -- there's never anything listed! I'm guessing that means the first log-in did register somewhere, and on the second log-in it thinks I just logged in a few seconds before, so nothing is ever listed as a new post, unless by chance someone has posted in those few seconds between log-ins.

As a workaround, I've tried to search on all posts from the previous 1 day (to see anything I might have missed since my log-in the previous day), with no keywords, but nothing gets returned -- maybe there's a limit on how many results it will return?

I use Internet Explorer on a PC or Firefox on a Mac -- I have the double log-in issue on both machines.

Edited to include info about my browsers/computers.
SarahM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that same problem with the "Views Post Since Last Visit" function. I look for the most recent dates and try to see what I've missed. It is frustrating. I've been thinking of changing my password, in case it is some how linked to that. But I don't know where to do that or if it would even help.
Melissa Huhn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah, you can change your password in the [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/profile.php?mode=editprofile]Profile[/url] section.

I do the same as you, scanning the main index for any topics with recent dates. Please let us know if the password change works! I will try it too...
Melissa Huhn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah, you're a genius! I just changed my password and now I only have to log in once!

I wonder why that fixes the problem? Oh well, I won't mess with success! Smile
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the autoresponder I send to everyone after they are approved, I include this advice
Quote:
..If you ever have trouble reading or posting, login *AGAIN* -and bookmark that second page as your entry point.

If you come in that way from the get-go, you only have to login ONCE and you can select show most recent posts over and over and you'll get them.
Melissa Huhn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kathleen! I will do that.

Sarah, the password change worked for a few times, but then it went back to the double log-in again! I'm going to do the bookmark as Kathleen suggested.
SarahM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did bookmark before, but I will try it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> Public: Forum Management All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: