FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

economic impact study ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbryant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: economic impact study ? Reply with quote

I have been following this issue for the past month, I would like to know has anyone completed an economic impact study on this law?

If so please post where these figures can be found.

Thanks
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different organizations are collecting data from their memberships. Being proprietary, they're under no obligation to release it to anyone. I've been given permission to modify the wording of a survey written by the AAFA to collect our own data but it's yet another of those things I haven't gotten around to. Maybe today's the day?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an governmental agency to promligate a set of rules to meet a law passed by congress an EIS (Economic Impact Study) needs to be a part of the process.

The EIS should be a part of the FED REG entry, if not a FOIA request to the promligating authority should be made.

If no EIS has been made, then a request for injuctive relief should be made until such a time as the EIS can be completed.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. We know.

UPDATE: SURVEY IS READY! Please spread the word.

There is another survey posted on the web but it's only appropriate for larger enterprises (CPSIA Enactment Consequences for your business). The results of that feed back to the AAFA. Fwiw, the CPSC has already attempted to head this one off at the pass which as you may imagine, inspired bellows of outrage.

Another option, if you have gone through a recall and care to share the costs of it, you can read [url=//fashion-incubator.com/archive/cpsia-survey-the-costs-of-a-recall/]this entry[/url] for a form and where to send it.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposting to make this pop up to the top of recent entries:

UPDATE: SURVEY IS READY! Please spread the word.
sbryant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: economic impact Reply with quote

the survey is great, however, The government is the one that IS suppose to do this study before enforcing any changes in the laws of commerce. We have seen this done in other areas of commerce. Congress can vote in a law, and appoint committees to enact these laws. But before they can be enacted and enforced an economic study of the effect of these laws to businesses has to be done by them. THIS IS THE LAW. If they do not do the study and due diligence in finding what is reasonable they, the federal government, CAN BE sued to issue a stop order until the economic studies have been completed.. If you know of any federal litigators ask them!! As of yet I have not found any mention any where about an econmic study being conducted concerning this issue.
Pamela

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us where the law is that states this survey needs to be done by the govt? I think this is vitally important and each importer needs to have this information on an urgent basis.

Pam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: