List of changes:
- Made the neckline smaller for warmth. Added a tube (collar), intending for it to cowl prettier than it actually did. I haven’t decided if I will open the neckline back up again and add the tube to that or if I’ll let well enough alone.
- I still don’t like the front ruffle (although I think it is better) but I’m wondering if spacing of the gathers is what I don’t like. I didn’t sew this one; if I had, I probably would have moved more gathers toward the center peak instead of spacing them evenly. Can’t blame my sample maker for it either since she doesn’t get much oversight or direction [I cannot abide micro-managing anyone so I have to take responsibilities for the consequences].
- I made the top shorter. Don’t recall offhand how much I shortened it but 1.5″ is my guess.
- I added a very long cuff to the sleeve end. I think that worked out the way I intended. My idea was that the cuff would bunch up to match the collar; the downfall being that the collar didn’t work out as planned.
- I came up with another solution to make the peak portion of the ruffle, fuller -this was a problem in the first version. In hindsight, the correction was so obvious that I felt stupid <insert dope slap>. I’ve included a layout of the pattern if you want to see it.
Anyway, I took the Dot Top to my sister with high hopes that she’d like this one and we could fit test it. She had said she liked the first one but maybe she was only being polite. Unfortunately, events transpired such that we were unable to fit it and I am thinking (at this moment, I vacillate) that I don’t want to see it again.
Having tied up this loose end with the publication of this follow up, I can pull it off the form and call it a wadder. That’s life.
So-what do your projects look like these days? Any promising successes? Abysmal failures? I’ve had so many failures that I can only laugh.