Nerds rejoice, it’s Pi Day! Oh where to start with the joyous festivities? I know, this excerpt is sure to be a rousing crowd pleaser:
Seriously, this is Albert Einstein’s birthday! To commemorate the nerd holiday of the year, here are some choice activities:
- Take the AQ Test (I score 45, 16 is “normal”).
- Take the Nerd Test (I score 92%)
- Quiz: Which Springer-Verlag graduate text in mathematics are you? (I’m J.-P. Serre’s Linear Representations of Finite Groups).
- Learn to calculate Pi by throwing frozen hot dogs. Apparently flautas and celery sticks work just as well.
- Cruise this list of origami models and fold (or knit) away to rousing choruses of “Happy Birthday Albert Einstein”. Alternatively, look at some origami tessellations (beautiful).
Today is definitely one day of the year that I observe by appreciating your patience and willingness to put up with me.