FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's starting already... at least in one Goodwill...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beth C

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: It's starting already... at least in one Goodwill... Reply with quote

Something told me to today to go to my local Goodwill store. As I approached the doors I noticed two signs that stated 50% off all toys.

I shop at this Goodwill a lot and they never have 50% off sales on toys. Usually their toys are pretty overpriced.

Today I found shelves and shelves full of toys, all marked at $2 or less.

I got 11 items for my grandson at $1.06 before the 1/2 off, 2 items at $2.06 before half off and 4 items at $.76 before half off. I even got one item that was marked at $4.06 before the 50% off.

All girls hairbows and hair accessories where also marked down to half off. When I questioned the cashier, she was very vague in her responses and wouldn't say anything at all that could explain why this store was practically giving it's toys away.

They had a Power Wheels Barbie Jeep marked at $20. If I didn't have a grandson but a granddaughter, I would have got that.

I'm going to have to check the other store in our area. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I did get quite a bit, but heck, he's just a 6 month old baby. He's going to outgrow these toys quickly.

I guess Goodwill isn't going to take any chances with the new law. I'll keep you updated on what else I discover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: