FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cant even give it away!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bethany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: I cant even give it away! Reply with quote

So I announced late last Fall that Georgie World was closing shop. I am starting to get rid of stuff and thought I would send some samples, etc to charities that give away clothing. I knew they couldnt sell them, but I thought giving the clothing away would be better then the landfill. Well it turns out THEY CANT EVEN GIVE IT AWAY! Not kidding.

I called Henry Waxman's office and asked the person who answered the phone what I should do with it and he said I should THROW IT AWAY! Not kidding.

I am tempted to box all of my stock up and send it to Henry Waxman's Office. My parents and brother are all in Waxman's district so I have them writing letters to him. I am also going to give big money to anyone who runs against him in the next election. Not kidding.
Valerie Burner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethany, Miracle mentioned in another thread that you should SEND IT TO HIM!!! Not kidding! If it's between that and the landfill getting it, that's what I would do. Not only that, but perhaps when he sees how "dangerous" your clothing is, it will make him think about it...
Esther

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad but true. I boxed up my stuff and donated it about a week after I decided to stop in November. The thrift store was still taking it then and they send stuff all over the world. I hope some little girl somewhere in the world is wearing one of those dresses. I have a few things hanging around that I may just send to my representatives but I am hoping I can eventually bring some of it back. ~sigh~
Vesta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethany, I just sent a reporter from Bloomberg.com your way about this.
Bethany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the interview with the Bloomberg guy. It was good. I ranted and told them about how I couldnt even give the clothing to charities. Dont know if it will help. Man, I really wonder what will happen in February.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: