FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPSIA now asking for comments re: materials to exempt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillybopdesigns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: CPSIA now asking for comments re: materials to exempt Reply with quote

I realize that they have thus far only exempted untreated cotton, wool, silk, etc, but as of today, they are now asking for comments about that ruling, so we are free to tell them what ELSE we think is safe to exempt! We have 30 days from today, so let's bombard them! Smile

http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/leadlimitsfr.pdf

Note: if you copy/paste the email address they tell you to use, it is wrong. Somehow it comes up as "Secl01Determinations..." so use
Sec101Determinations@cpsc.gov instead.

There is a lady there, Dr. Hatlelid, who personally replied to me twice even though she isn't the contact person on record, so I know they are really reading these emails in her office.

Jennifer Taggert, if you are around, maybe you could email some of your findings in all of that spare time you have?? Ha ha!!! Smile

Gosh, I pray that we are headed down the right track toward this law getting ammended until it makes some sense....

AMENDED: I've started [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4037&highlight=]a topic in the Request for Comments Folder[/url]. Please join me over there! thanks.
happymom4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stunned, reading over this. Am I understanding them correctly that there will be very little impact on a large majority of small businesses from these rulings?! Are they meaning the new, main rules, or this "exemptions" ruling?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CPSIA now asking for comments re: materials to exempt Reply with quote

dillybopdesigns wrote:
I realize that they have thus far only exempted untreated cotton, wool, silk, etc, but as of today, they are now asking for comments about that ruling, so we are free to tell them what ELSE we think is safe to exempt! We have 30 days from today, so let's bombard them!

Okay, we've been working on this for several weeks now. What you're mentioning here, are comments specifically related to these topics. Unfortunately, it's not really open season on the whole ball of wax. However, there was an RFC issued earlier which addresses the concerns of possible exemptions, process etc. This topic was started [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3443&highlight=]here first[/url]. Then we moved it over here to [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=44]its own subheading and folder[/url]. I'm glad people are interested in this topic, but I'm going to lock this so we aren't spread all over the place. In short, if you're interested in broader changes, see the other folder in reference to the RFC. If you are commenting on the 100% materials stuff, send that in simple correspondence to the CPSC.

Btw, we plan to have the response to the RFC ready this weekend. I will be posting it once approved.

AMENDED: Michelle (dillybop) has started [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4037&highlight=]a topic in the Request for Comments Folder[/url] to work on this. Your assistance is needed! Please go over there. thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: