FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fabrics for home sewers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tina HD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could all be for naught, that is true. But for the "reasonable testing program" allowed in Feb, it might be an option, yes?
BabyRooSlings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Fabrite Lead Certs Reply with quote

I do have a copy of the lead certs from Fabrite. I am more than willing to pass it on if anyone still needs it.

shandell@babyrooslings.com
Beth Laske-Miller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Fabric testing, what's the point? Reply with quote

Kathleen F. wrote:
Let's hope this pans out. What everyone MUST remember at this point are two things:
1. Component testing is not permitted
2. We are not permitted to use vendor supplied certificates

Sooooo, am I understanding that even if a fabric has been tested and certified by either the manufacturer or distributor, we would still have to have it re-tested before we could make children's garments to sell to an end-user? In that case, what is the point of manufacturers & distributors certifying their fabrics?

Is there any way to buy directly from a known-compliant distributor for fabrics, zippers, snaps, etc . . . and not have to re-test the entire garment again? I want to be legal, but I also want to remain unique.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fabric testing, what's the point? Reply with quote

Beth Laske-Miller wrote:
Sooooo, am I understanding that even if a fabric has been tested and certified by either the manufacturer or distributor, we would still have to have it re-tested before we could make children's garments to sell to an end-user? In that case, what is the point of manufacturers & distributors certifying their fabrics?

Yes, you would still have to have it re-tested -at this time. As such, you're also right that it is a waste of time to even discuss the point of buying certified goods -which was my whole point but people wanted to discuss it anyway.

Quote:
Is there any way to buy directly from a known-compliant distributor for fabrics, zippers, snaps, etc... and not have to re-test the entire garment again?

No. Not at this time.
Tina HD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it, the point of buying certified goods is at least you know ahead of time that when you test your product, it will pass. How much worse would it be to buy a bolt of fabric/lot of zippers/buttons/etc only to find something fails on test? Not only are you out the money for the test, you have wasted money on items you can't use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: