FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viral Video Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Viral Video Project Reply with quote

Okay, so you have been contacting our friends, contacting Congress, signing petitions, contacting the media. That is great. Now it is time to take this up a notch. We need to do all of that, all over again, but this time in a way that is a little more visible. We need each of you to make at least 1 short video. Even better, we need each of you to make a few short videos, and encourage friends and family to make short videos, but as with anything, start with 1. Here are some topics/themes. Please add your ideas to this forum (and/or at http://cpsia-central.ning.com/forum/topics/video-project where the project has originated.

Simple:
Use a webcam or simple video camera:
-and talk sincerely for a minute, or a few minutes about how this law will affect your business, your life, your family, your values, your sanity.
-pass the camera around the store or office and get responses from employees, co-workers, customers. You can post these separately, or put them together as a single video.
-walk through your warehouse or store, or house and talk about the wonderful items that would be illegal to sell on February 10th (either due to inability to pay to certify that they are in compliance, or inability to reorder for the same reason---or because the supplier will no longer be able to sell to you, etc)
-do multiple videos explaining in detail one specific aspect of the CPSIA that is going to hurt your business, your ability to innovate/bring products to market, or any other aspect of your business, or of your life....also explain how that requirement actually does not improve safety but simply adds cost and complexity.
-explain why you got into business, the values of your business, and how this law affects you and others like you.
-slide show of products that will disappear

More Involved:
-develop interesting themes. Brainstorm with your friends and colleagues. Find someone that knows video software and can put a storyline together in video. Make it funny, sad, hip, musical, tragic, etc. Make it interesting.

Other Possible Themes:
-The "Last" Christmas
-Christmas in 5 years (or 1 year for that matter)
-Fair Trade and the end thereof
-The end of charitable giving of children's products
-The environmental impact (no more "freecycle"--or giving away, no more children's resale shops, etc)
-The wide grasp of the law (explain the crazy places that this law is extending into)
-Impact on work at home moms and their livelihood & way of life.
-Dramatize how difficult the law is to even understand--due to its complexity
-Fond farewell to Selecta (wooden toy company that is pulling out of USA)

Do you have ideas? Please add your comments to this forum.

Final note: Please keep videos positive to the extent possible. Meaning, I don't want to be associated with videos over-villainizing anyone or organization. Let's assume all have good intent, which is to ensure the safety of our children's products, which is what we are all fighting for (as well as product diversity, quality, innovation, and a vibrant industry).

Post your videos on youtube and tag it "fix cpsia", email them to your friends, pass along on facebook, encourage friends to respond by video. Did you see the response to the controversial Motrin commercial? Motrin pulled the add very quickly not so much because of emails, but because of video responses.

Please be sure to include a link to any or all of our sites (preferably written into the video itself)---whether it is the apparel petition, the CPSIA-Central site (we welcome consumers and all industry groups), etc.

Time is of the essence....now is YOUR time to be a star and to be heard.
Eric H
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone started on this? It is a great idea.
Jody

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 23-year old son recommended we do something viral. He says it will definitely help to get the word out. He uses the example of Barack Obama's successful campaign, much of which was conducted through the Internet using a viral approach. I might try to do this, but I'm new to this technology.
mamaslittlemonkeys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: My CPSIA video Reply with quote

Hi. I made this little CPSIA video and I'd love it if ya'll would share it. Not sure its 'viral worthy' but its nice.
(Its a second copy bc although the first song I used was heart wrenching.I also realized I was pushing copyright laws, so to be careful I changed it!) Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5A1scKh7LM
my2littlewonders

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My CPSIA video Reply with quote

mamaslittlemonkeys wrote:
Hi. I made this little CPSIA video and I'd love it if ya'll would share it. Not sure its 'viral worthy' but its nice.
(Its a second copy bc although the first song I used was heart wrenching.I also realized I was pushing copyright laws, so to be careful I changed it!) Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5A1scKh7LM

I have posted this video to all my clothing groups, and the site to sign the petition. Hopefully this will help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: