FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GUEST BIOS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringgerclothing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Guest Bio--Ringger Reply with quote

Hello,

I ordered Kathleen's book last week and am waiting to receive it. I keep trying to find info on what kind of comments to leave on CPSC since I am not a scientist but a designer and seamstress. My husband, 6 children at home, and I run a small online business with two lines, www.ringgerclothing.com and www.oldfashionedclothing.com and are unsure what to do regarding our children's line.

Amy
lisaaggie12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am the owner/designer for Knot Your Average Bow. I am looking for a place to find out more information than misinformation regarding updates on the legislation etc. I am trying to keep my 'ear to the ground' so I am not caught unaware or off guard.

Thanks for all of the hard work...

Lisa
www.knotyouraveragebow.net
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michelle, Amy and Lisa!

Amy, altho you haven't gotten your book yet, you can apply for membership now to access all the other threads here. Hit the register button in the header and follow the instructions in the autoresponder.
Trace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: *waves hello* Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the welcome and the opening of this forum for sharing information.

I don't make, manufacture, or sell much of anything, but I do collect vintage childrens books, Breyer model horses, and Japanese imported robot toys from the 70s, 80s, and 90s (some of which might/might not have lead paint). I also have a number of friends who do the same, and we're all a bit worried about what this legislation will do to our life-long hobbies (the value of our existing collections, the resale avenues we might/might not have in the future, and the availability/accesibilty of new material).

Been reading here for a few weeks, and I'll try to contribute where I can.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!
Thanks for opening up this portion of the forum to everyone. My name is Leslie and I am the owner of Raspberry Dimples. My store use to specialize in custom embroidered children's apparel and accessories, but I have discontinued offering kids products for the time being because of the new law. I am terribly disapointed that our law makers are dragging their feet to amend the act. I have written to my state congressmen, signed petitions and enlisted my friends and family to join in the fight to amend the new law. This new law can not stand as it is currently written. It just doesn't make financial sense for us small business owners and entrepreneurs. The rug has been pulled from beneath our feet, but like Obama said today in his inauguration speech - let's get up, dust ourselves off. It's within our power to change this law so don't give up hope and keep writing those letters and making phone calls.
Thanks,
Leslie Puentes
www.raspberrydimples.com
LexieLou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Hi I am Alexandra and my family owns a hand painted furniture company. We manufacture here in the US (in Memphis TN) and use paint that is also manufactured here in the US. I am just getting up to speed on all of this and am amazed by the massive amounts of confusion that exists about the regulations. I know some people are following my Twitter (BajaHockeyFan) and I am trying to update it as often as I update my facebook status. I just hope that energy and commerce decides to get their act together soon especially since they are now apparently postponing the DTV transition which I am personally affected by. And the argument that peoples tv's might go dark. You would have to live under a rock to not know that it is happening. I only wish the CPSIA was as well publicized and understood.
www.paintedfurniture.com
BethT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Y'all - figured I'd introduce myself since I finally posted below. (Go Sen. DeMint!)

We are an online retailer (toys and baby stuff) and I've been lurking here for a while to keep up with the latest regarding the CPSIA.
Lora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: introductions Reply with quote

well, since you asked...

i have been following this forum and the national bankruptcy day page since i first heard of this about a month ago.

i don't sell anything at all Laughing let alone for kids at the moment.

i do have an "advice" website, that some day i hope to promote some children's books on (since they'll be printed after 1984, i should be allowed Wink

this whole thing sickens me, and i hope we can work together to stop it. so many battles so little time.

Lora
if considered spam please remove**** www.advice-with-dr-julia.com
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temporarily closing this thread, it's being hit regularly by spam bots.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: