FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Really Is The Answer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelbottomsboutique

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa DOWNTOWN JOEY wrote:
I posted to the main ebay children's boutique forum earlier today and linked back to the FI blog. Off to check out the response.

Any responses? Just curious as to whats going on in Ebay country.

Jo Lynn
Pamela

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we understand that the first testing regulations go into effect on Feb 10 (which are tenable at least) the question I am left with is can or should we expect any type of answer about the guidance details for testing requirements that are not required until May 16 2009. Do we now just sit on pins and needles until then? From anyone who knows from past legislation what say you?

Pam
SarahM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, 'people' may feel that they are too small to make a difference. But together we are not small. It can be intimidating to send it a letter to the Editor. It might not get published, but that's okay. You tried and the newspaper becomes aware of the situation.

Having said that, I do think we need a big name to push for clarification, streamlining and assistance in the matter. What about Elizabeth Hasselbeck of the View? I read she was designing a children's clothing line for Target. Anyone know if that came to fruition?

Here are some other celebrity children's lines: http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20230630,00.html
Anyone know any of these folks or their reps?

On the matter of assistance: I wonder about taxes. I think the cost of testing would fall under COGS, but could we lobby for some type of tax credit or other item to offset the cost of testing? Will that make a difference on the bottom line?
Esther

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only, and it's a biggie, is that tax credits don't pay the bill when it comes due in 30 days. The upfront cost is what will kill us. Sure, you may be able to depreciate it over 5 years, but with ongoing testing costs depreciation will not pay the bill when due. Complicated tax formulas do not result in an equitable deduction, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: