FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing my old posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> Public: Forum Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Editing my old posts Reply with quote

I swear there used to be a button on posts that I wrote that said "edit" so I could make changes -- has that been moved/changed? Am I just not seeing it?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, no swearing needed Smile.

The situation is temporary, I'm working on implementing a modification that will prevent edits after a given time period. Unfortunately, this became necessary due to the vandalism of one previous member who deleted all of his entries, destroying threads. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Parul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks Kathleen. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't losing my mind! :-)

That's great that you're implementing this modification; it will make the forum that much stronger. Thanks for the continual improvement!
Dawn Bucholtz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks for explaning. I was confused too. I usually hit post and then read what I wrote and then think of something to say or change. At least this is forcing me to learn to use the preview button.
Avery Bloom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to edit my post? Reply with quote

I just pressed publish instead of preview! The post's format looks... not ideal. Shocked

I just posted it a min ago. Do I have any options?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me where it is and I'll be happy to fix it for you.
Kathy Whisler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathleen F. wrote:
You're right, no swearing needed Smile.

The situation is temporary, I'm working on implementing a modification that will prevent edits after a given time period. Unfortunately, this became necessary due to the vandalism of one previous member who deleted all of his entries, destroying threads. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Hum. This was posted in April 2009. Now it's January 2012. I take it you couldn't find a fix for whatever issue it was you had?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It requires the install of a mod. Phpbb 2.x has been deprecated making it difficult to find, install and find support for. I would be happy for any assistance if you could offer it. Daily maintenance of the forums and site being very time intensive as it is.

As a potential solution, I installed phpbb 3.x on another server but it has been unwieldy and difficult to navigate (from the admin side) to say the least. I considered installing another forum program but doing so would mean all of our links would break, meaning users couldn't access any previous links -which are considerable by this point. That said, if you have any suggested alternatives, I'd be delighted to read them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> Public: Forum Management All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: