FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certific. Meets CPSIA Lead Testing..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bente
Renewing Member
Renewing Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certific. Meets CPSIA Lead Testing.. Reply with quote

I found this in Textil World from last September:

"Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certification Meets CPSIA Lead Testing Requirements
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced that children's textiles and textile-based products that are certified to the Switzerland-based Oeko-Tex Association's Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 meet the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act's (CPSIA's) lead testing requirements. Oeko-Tex added lead testing in April 2009 as a component of Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, and currently is in full compliance with CPSIA's third and last phase, which will become effective in August 2011. "

"Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification provides retailers and manufacturers with the objective, third-party verification they need to be confident that their products do not contain lead levels that can be harmful for children," said Dr. Manfred Wentz, senior policy advisor for Oeko-Tex, United States. "Not only does Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification test for lead but also for more than 100 other concerning substances that are believed to be harmful to human health including phthalates, formaldehyde, cadmium and other heavy metals, and carcinogenic compounds."

As my production are with factories in Europe with Oeko-tex Standard 100 Certification this should partly mean that I do not have to test?!?
I will have to do some more research on this one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: