FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPSIA Rally April 1st in Washington DC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: CPSIA Rally April 1st in Washington DC. Reply with quote

Here we can discuss activities and accommodations. Speakers are needed too. Coordinate with Jennifer who will be our contact person for the event. If you intend to participate, leave a comment here with your email address and phone number. You can also contact Jennifer by email (jenniferATchapteroneorganicsDOTcom) or phone at 312-860-1186 to volunteer or mention your participation.

The entry on Fashion-Incubator [url=//fashion-incubator.com/archive/cpsia-protest-rally-april-1st-in-washington-dc/]is here[/url]. The central event planning site is here (no content yet).

Come on people! We need F-I out in force, it's time for a road trip!

Last edited by Kathleen F. on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far we have 3 confirmed from FI. Chapter One, Kid Bean and Smartee Pants.

I know that this trip is an expense that many people cannot consider but if you are on the edge...please attend! This is our chance to finally be heard.
Lisa DOWNTOWN JOEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find a decent airfare. I think I am going to go. Even if I can't find a good airfare, I'll think I might drive (4 hrs each way)...LOL

Hope others will be coming, too!
jennifer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa so glad you are considering the trip! PLEASE join us and bring the kids. This is an amazing opportunity to be heard. As I mentioned in the post the stay has been somewhat of a curse in that our efforts have slowed down. Wait-and-see doesn't work with this law. We need to be heard.

Last time I checked on Facebook there were 14 confirmed, this does not include people who aren't on Facebook. I hope to see many more!

Let me know if you need any information.

Jennifer
jennifer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travel Info and Event info is starting to roll out on the main site, www.amendthecpsia.com.
jennifer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you are in DC or on your computer, please register to be a part of the CPSIA event on April 1, 2009!

http://bit.ly/kIML
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url=//fashion-incubator.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Dingell_letter_to_Obama.pdf]Dingell has sent a letter to Obama[/url] (pdf) with regard to CPSIA.

Rick Woldenberg wrote:
Dingell clearly feels our pain, as his letter makes clear. His encouragement of Obama’s “prompt” appointment of the next Chairman may be part of his legislative strategy to bring relief. Second, this letter is also consistent with rumors of Democratic concern over our event, and their possible scheme to “upstage” us. This letter is yet another effort to stimulate the appointment and may be an indicator that the appointment is close at hand.
Lisa DOWNTOWN JOEY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leaving DC to fly back to nyc. Had a great day at the Rally and meetings! Will post more tomorrow
Lisa DOWNTOWN JOEY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My blog post about my experience @ the Amend the CPSIA Rally:
Downtown Joey Goes to CPSIA Rally
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: