FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Children's Wear: Lead Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: What do I do with my children's products on Feb 10th? Reply with quote

I'm a natural clothing manufacturer in Los Angeles. I use hemp/organic cotton and dye with low impact fiber reactive dyes.

We use too many colors to test them all. So, it looks like I am out of the kid's clothing business.

So, what do I do with my children's hats, shirts and pants that are still on the shelf? Can I still donate them? Are they truly "hazardous materials"? If so, do I now have to pay to dispose of them?

Thanks for all of your hard work to keep us informed about this legislation!

Edie
menacing pickle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: ykk has acceptabe lead content Reply with quote

I wanted to pass on the the group that YKK has sent me their certification for complying with the new lead requirement and guaranteed to me their zippers are safe. I appreciate them stepping up to the plate and will surely be giving them my business. I know that only unit certification is being accepted at this time. However, this helps me to know my components are safe.
YKK wrote:
Certificate of Compliance
Subject: Content of Lead

Certification

To whom it may concern
We hereby certify that the products manufactured by YKK comply with requirements for lead content found in CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act).

YKK will also continue our extensive research for materials and technologies that allow us to keep our products free from anything that is toxic to human health and to the environment. Your continued cooperation and concerns regarding quality and the environment will help us to continue finding new solutions, allowing us to offer the highest quality products.
textilesavvy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: CPSIA Reply with quote

ramona1166 wrote:
I haven't been able to find where it applies to adult clothing. Can someone tell me how adult clothing manufacturers are affected?

The only testing that is required for adult wearing apparel is 16 CFR 1610 which is the Flammability of Wearing Apparel. All apparel must be compliant and this is the only testing that needs to appear on a GCC (General Conformity Certificate).
Textilesavvy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: YKK ZIPPERS Reply with quote

I just wanted to clear up the issue with the YKK zippers as I receive a lot of questions concerning this on a daily basis:

Even though YKK provides certification stating their zippers are free of lead, the surface coating (if present) must be tested by a 3rd party accredited lab for LEAD IN SURFACE COATING.

The certification of "lead free" is fine for the YKK zippers in regards to LEAD IN SUBSTRATES testing until Aug.14, 2009.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: