FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Target Special Interest Groups for activism
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Can'tSayYet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I've got to be anonymous and this may sound weird, but I need to know if there are any other people in the music industry that may be interested in this. Please just post their names and I will see if my contact can contact them.

Kinda James Bond, eh?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please contact me. kathleenATfashion-incubatorDOTcom
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have verified Can'tSayYet's identity and this is a reputable request, meaning I endorse it. He is a very high profile journalist in the music industry so any exposure he'd provide would be highly beneficial. Will tweet it too.
Julia S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Names in Music Business Reply with quote

The ones that come to mind that have children's wear lines are the following:

Gwen Stefani/LAMB
Sean "Diddy" Combs
Charlie Sheen/Sheen Kidz
Bindi Irwin/Bindi Wear
Bono of U2/Edun has a kids line

And I came across this, though i don't know if she ever went through with it:

<<<"Elisabeth Hasselbeck designing kids clothing line
Tags: News

In a recent interview with TV Guide, The View co-host, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, revealed that she is currently designing a children’s clothing line that will soon be available at Target stores and that she also has a few children’s books in the works. Elisabeth said,

I am working on a children’s clothing line. There might be some onesies available at Target soon. And hopefully, we’ll get some children’s books out within the next year. I may be talking politics and celebrities on The View, but I am a designer and artist by nature.

Elisabeth is married to NY Giants Quarterback, Tim Hasselbeck, and together they have a two year-old daughter, Grace Elisabeth. Elisabeth is currently pregnant with their second child, due in November.

Source: TV Guide, May 21-27 issue, pg. 28">>>

Then there are the two big, celeb-driven stores in L.A.:
Fred Segal and Kitson Kids - does anyone have any contacts????
Also the Little Seed that someone mentioned, Visionary Boutique on Melrose and Flint in Hancock Park (all L.A.).

Then there is a site www.CelebrityBabyClothes.com that hasn't posted anything yet about CPSIA.

If I can think of more, will post.
AV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, here is an interesting article in response to the Stay of Execution. It looks like they are pushing to have Nord replaced. I do not think that would be helpful to our cause for reasonable testing.

http://www.consumersunion.org/pub/core_product_safety/009325.html
Melanie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Target Special Interest Groups for activism Reply with quote

Here's the letter those consumer groups sent to President Obama...they are wanting Nord replaced...and of course, to have the CPSC meet most of their objectives...

http://api.ning.com/files/ST2HG1VZHxxLyJscOsVm2FBKo8te-h4S1z0sSnCNZYjlXiYTdx8ghfQpefwUtwbk1gZzQMkSzeaCnQeB8mXbvtbAO7Sr6-U4/ConsumergroupltPresident.pdf

I found this on cpsia-central.ning.com
on someone's blog...
Kristen Hallagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I receive emails from an organization called

style cafe moms

they put together celebrity gift baskets that you can buy into to have your product sent to a celebrity.

they did one a couple of weeks ago of items that were made by WAHM to raise awareness of the CPSIA - they take photos and do a press release etc of the baskets - they may have contacts at places like Kitson in LA or know how to reach some of the celebrity designers...not sure - just a thought
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HILARIOUS!

Whilst twittering about this morning, what did I find but an NRDC spokesperson flogging their all organic onesie? Ever in the market for a great product -even tho my baby will be 22 next May- I bought one. For a buck. Yep, their donations form will accept one US dollar so ignore those suggested donation amounts; they have money so I figure they can absorb the cost since all of us will be going out of business come February 10th. I think everyone should stock up now!

You recall the NRDC don't you? They're one of the parties who lobbied for this great CPSIA law. Considering they wrote and lobbied for the law, wouldn't you think they'd be up on it? Turns out, they aren't. Nope. Their spokesperson twittered:
Quote:
The testing requirements only apply to manufacturers. We’re not a manufacturer.

and
Quote:
The NRDC attorney who worjed [sic] on our suit about #CPSIA tells me the testing requirements only apply to manufacturers.

Ohmigosh! Can you believe it? The NRDC is selling non-CPSIA compliant products! Even they don't understand that as the private labeler, [url=//fashion-incubator.com/archive/how-to-move-up-to-another-level/]they are the manufacturer[/url]! Boy, I can hardly wait till I get mine, I'll bet those snaps won't pass an XRF lead test. Jolly Jolly! I'll bet people will be lining up on Tuesday to report them to the CPSC. So what say all of you? Don't you have a hankering for a lead laden $1 onesie courtesy of our friends at the NRDC?

More here.
Melanie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Target Special Interest Groups for activism Reply with quote

I love it! Please post your testing results on that garment...and oh yeah...saw on the other post, that they are using the word "onesie" although it might not actually be that brand...in which case they are also violating a copyright law!

What's good for the goose...if the lead snaps don't pass, I say turn them in...as soon as they stamped their sayings and stuff on the front, they became a manufacturer...same as if I would have embroidered something on the front of same garment...

thanks for posting!
Darby

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony of it all! According to them, then, all retailers are off the hook, since they aren't the manufacturers!
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I know the brand manager at Kellwood (owns Gerber) so I emailed her about the infringement. heh. No fan of CPSIA, she thanked me for the heads up...
Sue T.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ever in the market for a great product -even tho my baby will be 22 next May- I bought one. For a buck. Yep, their donations form will accept one US dollar so ignore those suggested donation amounts

Somehow I don't think you will get your onesie. The website wording says "With your generous gift of $25 or more, you will also receive a free organic cotton onesie".

I think they can do without our hard-won bucks. :)
mollyodesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathleen F. wrote:
Btw, I know the brand manager at Kellwood (owns Gerber) so I emailed her about the infringement. heh. No fan of CPSIA, she thanked me for the heads up...

I feel like we need Kathleen to record a MUWAHAHAHAHAA laugh to go along with these posts. Love it :) ROFL!
Melanie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Target Special Interest Groups for activism Reply with quote

Hey...here's another group, Greenpeace...wonder if they've had these tested? they do avoid using the trademark name and instead call it an infant bodysuit, but they have snaps on them as well as what appears to be a screen printed design on the front...hmmmm....maybe we should get one and have it tested?
http://www.cafepress.com/greenpeace.199318961
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: