FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Your Projection For the Law Going into effect?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pamela

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what will be happening at this event and how the law going into effect will impinge on this large show.

http://www.iirusa.com/kids/welcome-to-KIDS.xml

Pam
Vicki P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine how all children's trade fairs and events will drastically change? I just saw an ad for one of our local children's events. 75% of the activities and booths will be effected. I think someone mentioned this on another thread, too. How can they resonably go on?
Pamela

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it but my guess is that many many companies, manufacturers, retailers, shows etc. Are simply going to continue. The law is there but having iit implemeented is a whole different thing. I think we will be watching this 6 months from now with not all that much change unless the company or manufacturer themselves decide to shut down operations. It will be the honest comanies that feel it.

Pam
Vicki P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I"m thinking. How on earth will they clear shelves and enforce this starting in just a few weeks across the board and into all areas when it is just now getting into the media? Does anyone remember the apple juice in the 80's? They cleared the shelves, but that was one product. Just one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: