FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discuss Request for Comments

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Discuss Request for Comments Reply with quote

Hi, we've created a new separate folder in here to discuss what we should submit in response to the CPSC’s list of eight questions. Spread the word. Thanks

Last edited by Kathleen F. on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! Our response to the RFC is ready! Members can access it [url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=24308#24308]here[/url]. Please review it quickly, time is of the essence.

Caveats: I apologize in advance that this document is in a member's only location but we had one "enterprising guest" who went and plastered the web with the RFC response we'd done in the other RFC folder and insult to injury, she didn't even link to us or mention who wrote it. Even worse, she substituted sections of our verbiage with stupidity and then invited the web to mail it in to the CPSC. You might think that is no big deal in the interests of the greater good but the problem is, if the CPSC has gotten hundreds of these with our original verbiage and found them stupid, they'll just toss ours into the same trash thinking it's yet another one of those who cribbed from us and mangled it.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE Again (1/31/09): Our RFC has been received by mail in Bethesda so I've [url=//fashion-incubator.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ATS_RFC_Response.pdf]uploaded the document[/url]. This version is slightly different from the one I'd uploaded previously so you might want to look it over.

There is a watermark on it saying Do Not Mail or Distribute. I can't figure out how to remove it. Feel free to pass it around to whomever you think would be interested in it.

If you are curious as to how the CPSC processes the submissions they get and writes a report from them, here's [url=//fashion-incubator.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/civilpenalty.pdf]a sample of a report[/url] the CPSC put out regarding the RFC for civil penalties.

One final observation. I'd bet wads of cash that you all have learned more about politics and legislative processes in the past three months than you ever did in Gov 101. I know I have.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: