FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pampers compliance certificate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heartlanddreams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Pampers compliance certificate Reply with quote

This was posted on a cloth diapering board I'm on (been lots of cpsia discussion).

http://www.pg.com/content/pdf/01_about_pg/cpsc/baby_care/Taped_diapers/Pampers_Diapers_All.pdf

Note especially section 8 describing their 'reasonable testing program'. Is that really all they have to say/do? "Yeah, we look at some stuff, and looks ok to us, so we're good".
Esther

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it appears they did some testing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess to me it looked like it was in-house monitoring. Maybe it was just too technical for me to understand, LOL.

I was expecting there would be specific test dates for specific batch numbers/production dates--that sort of thing.

It just seemed rather vague, with as specific as it seems this legislation is requiring.

This looks like it covers all brands of Pampers, all sizes and all production runs. I didn't think you could do that.
Eric H
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is P&G. They have the resources, including in-house chemists and lawyers. If they say there's no lead in it, you can probably bet on it. They're big enough that they're going to be targeted, so they're not going to take risks. Those things are synthesized in highly controlled processes, so they probably know exactly what's in it without even looking. Note how well thought-out the lot tracking is: Year, date, location, shift, plus a number to ask for more detailed information. The CPSC would be wasting their money going after them. When your processes are that controlled, you can do this, too.
J C Sprowls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, P&G, Dow, Dupont and even some large CMT facilities have in-house labs that are regulated - at minimum - by the state. These labs may not yet be CPSC certified; but, these companies have long-standing precedence and the resources to get their in-house facilities certified.

RE: detailed information. This is a press release. The information needed to meet the compliance requirements are on file and will be surrendered upon investigation. IOW: If you don't need to know, you won't.
heartlanddreams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the extra info.

Tina (feeling like a reaaallly small fish in a reeallly big pond) Embarassed
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina, you'd be surprised how small many of us are. Probably the majority of us are one person companies. None of us came in here knowing all this stuff but smart attracts smart and so, we all learn a lot from each other. You're welcome to join us too. I'm really surprised at how many guests we have in here who would benefit tremendously but few have expressed an interest in joining us.
heartlanddreams

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's involved in joining you?

This is a very intelligent group of people, and I've been very impressed with the information available here. Until this CPSIA thing, I'd never heard of y'all. (and until a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea how much I DON'T know about what's really involved in running a business like mine!).

Tina
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartlanddreams wrote:
What's involved in joining you?

[url=//fashion-incubator.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=5017#5017]How to become a full member of the forum[/url].
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: