FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GUEST BIOS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: GUEST BIOS Reply with quote

Hello all, we're glad you could join us.

However, accustomed as we are to our familial environment (complete with occasional requisite dysfunction) and knowing each other by name, it is a bit disconcerting that we don't know who you are. We typically don't use nicknames but real names or company names. In this thread, it would be great if you'd post a bio for yourself if you care to introduce yourself.

We welcome your participation in our struggle to fully comprehend and hopefully change this complex legislation, and we're glad to have the opportunity to host you.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kathleen F. on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kiki allthenumbers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad to have the oppurtunity to introduce myself! First of all, thank you so much Kathleen and everyone for opening your doors to us!
My name is Kiki. I have a handmade children's clothing and quilt company called All the Numbers and I sell on Etsy.
I work from home on my own but I do make enough to do this as my full time job. I love what I do, and I will be devestated if this law causes me to have to close up shop.
I have written my reps and everone on the subcommittee so far and plan on calling them all tomorrow. I have contacted local TV and print news and have had one bite so far.
Thanks again for including us, and I hope to get to know some of you in the future under better circumstances.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kiki
It is our pleasure to have you! Welcome.
Vesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kiki.

And to all other newcomers here. Don't let us scare you. We're just a little shell shocked, like everyone else. A lot of livelihoods are on the line here.

We'll get through this!
Jesica Milton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kiki! Glad that you made it over here and are enjoying the forum Smile
Melissa McKeagney

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Hi All! Reply with quote

Hello everyone, my name is Melissa, and I am a micro-manufacturer (ie. me, myself, and I) of little girl's clothes, and work under the company name little girl Pearl. I purchased Kathleen's book last July, but only just joined the forums a week ago when this whole mess came to light. The book is amazing by the way, and I urge all of you to buy it this instant! But I digress... I mainly sell on etsy and craft fairs, and have no idea what I will do if this debacle isn't solved.

I appreciate the work that you all are doing, and want to let you know that I have written to everyone I can think of and then some. When I get a moment, I will write a blog post as well, given the dire circumstances I find myself in. At any rate, thank you for the welcome, and I look forward to using the rest of the boards when I can.

Melissa
little girl Pearl
RebeccaJester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Introducing myself Reply with quote

Hi all. My name is Rebecca Jester and I'm the owner/designer of Flit & Flitter, a line for girls, infants to 10. I think I may have been a registered "official" member a year or two ago, but I've lost a few brain cells since then. Wink

I don't know how active I'll be on the board, but I'd like to thank you all for the information you've put out there. In the next few weeks, we should receive our spring production order and the thought that after Feb 10, it could be illegal for us to sell it, is terrifying.

Hopefully, our representatives will see the scope of the impact this law could have and take action quickly.

Rebecca
Angel Bottom's Boutique

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Thank you so much Reply with quote

My name is Jo Lynn Francis. I make cloth diapers, fleece blankees, cloth preemie dolls and nursing necklaces.

Thank you so much for opening up your forums to us little work at home moms.

This has me so scared. What's gonna happen to me? All my fabric, notions, etc. I will have to go get a job outside my house now. Pay for daycare, pray to find a job that will pay the daycare cost, my bills that my work at home career paid....

I am relieved to hear from others....

Thank you so much

Jo Lynn Francis
Rob Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: My Bio Reply with quote

I am a natural toy importer and administrator of the website www.cpsia-central.ning.com. Nice to meet you all.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Rob, Jo Lynn, Rebecca, and Melissa! All the new faces, it's so exciting. Make yourselves comfy.
taylor1027

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone !

Im Lindsey, I actually dont make my own stuff or even own a store but I was very curious about how this will affect parents that resell their kids clothes and cloth diapers to other parents or buy their clothes from resale.

I depend greatly on being able to sell my kids outgrown clothes and my daughters outgrown cloth diapers in order to fund new, so I am very worried about how this will impact everyone and everything !

I think I posted the other day with taylor0129 or something like that but Im the same person !
jkziel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

I am so glad I have somewhere to go poke around and glean more information about this situation.

My name is Jessica Ziel, I live in Idaho and operate Ivy & Mae (children's clothing), I'm a tiny little operation, but I love how things have been going lately, I feel like I'm getting my footing. So obviously, the regulations have me concerned.

Thank you for all the informaiton.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lindsay and Jessica. Jessica, many of our members are tiny one person companies so don't be intimidated or anything, you'll fit right in. Heck, some haven't started yet. We actually prefer to get people before they've done anything, meaning less to undo or have wasted money on Smile. But anyway, hello Lindsay and Jessica!
Deb Stahl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Deb, and I'm a tie-dye-holic. Very Happy I have a hobby-level shop - Generations Tie Dye - on Etsy that was actually doing OK till the economic stuff hit the fan, and now I'm worried about what happens to me, my stuff, my unsold merchandise, and my undyed blanks in two months.

Thank you for sharing this resource with us.
Lindsey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I do applique work on tees for babies and kids as well as some cloth diapers. I sell through Hyenacart and Etsy.

Thank you Kathleen for opening up the forum. I find myself reading every day trying to stay caught up on the latest, as well as trying to spread some truth amongst all the misinformation I'm seeing.

Lindsey.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: